Do gigantic spreadsheets of stats creep you out? They do me. Kontera analysts on the other hand, love them.
Stats are useful for many reasons; my own favorite use is for the purpose of getting insightful information about Kontera partners. Today, we’ve asked our analysts to gather the information that would answer an essential question: what do Kontera’s top earners have in common?
Here’s what we came up with:
- Over 55% U.S. Traffic – Online advertisers tend to allocate the majority of their resources to the U.S. market granting it the highest ad spending per internet user. This inclination explains why publishers who experience an increase in their U.S. traffic, will also benefit from increased revenues.
- High percentage of Search Engine Traffic – Search engine traffic is characterized by being more targeted. If much of the traffic that comes to your site arrives through search engines, chances are that you get focused, targeted users to come through the door. These users visit a website with an intention to find specific information and are therefore more likely to click on the pay per click ads you serve.
- Returning Visitors – Another thing Kontera’s top earners have in common is a high percentage of returning visitors. You may say, “big news flash! Returning visitors are valuable for my site, duh! didn’t know that…” Well, there is a news flash regarding Kontera pay per click ads and the visitors on your site. Returning visitors are already familiar with the Kontera layout, the ads and the information served on your site. Having experienced the advantages ContentLinks provide, these visitors tend to generate CTR which is higher than that of new visitors.
- Cross-browser website compatibility – There’s a variety of browser options available today and the market is always on the move. With Google ‘s release of Chrome beta, there’s no telling where or how fast things are going… Why limit yourself to one browser? Your site’s visitors use many. If you want to maximize your site’s earning potential make sure your site is well supported in all browser and browser versions.
- Content Rich Sites –The more textual content on your pages the better. Kontera top earners all have implemented the Kontera tag on pages that have ample textual content for our algorithm to analyze. However you should note that it’s not only the length of your content that comes into play, but also its quality (Are your pages keyword rich?Is your content fresh and original? Is it SE optimized?).
This is what we found so far through our stats. Any questions? Suggestions? We’d love to see your comments.
>> Read more about our pay per click adsTags: blog profit, contextual ads, pay per click Categories: FAQs, Inside Kontera, Optimization, PPC Advertising